Monday, March 3, 2014

Why not use Ouija Boards?


Last Saturday at David's house, Ouija boards came up in conversation and a gentleman asked me "Why not use Ouija boards, what's wrong with Ouija boards?" Wow, what a question, one that could easily require an hour long answer. He had his phone camera rolling but held down at belly level, which I thought odd, and ain't no phone (or nobody) got time for an hour long diatribe, so I went with the simplest thing I could think of, the fact that the improper use (opening, closing, cleansing) of Ouija boards and lack of experience with them is more the problem than anything else, but ever then since I've been working on a more concise short answer in the back of my head. Maybe some of you can refine this.
First it's important to know some history of the Ouija (French Oui or Yes and German Ja, or Yes, so "Yes Yes") board, but that is less important than intention and control.
Here's a short answer.

Any attempt at spirit communication, an "esoteric act", is an intention to communicate with a deceased person, an intelligent spirit, and each attempt can potentially draw in a spirit or something much worse, a demon or, as some people call them, a "Dark Energy", and in a way it's about control, or relinquishing control to "something" else. However, when I conduct an EVP session, I am in control, I can start or stop my recorder as I choose. Photography, I can choose to shoot, or not shoot a picture. Meter work, night vision camera work, all these things are external means used in documenting or communicating with that which is not part of our normal 3 dimensional world, our lives of matter and physical laws that we physical beings must obey.
A goofily named Ouija YesYes board, however, utilizes YOU, your body, your energy itself, as well as that of your partners in the esoteric act. (I have known people who use Quija boards solo, and actually become addicted to the experience, much to their detrement, but usually people use the planchette in groups of two or more people.)
So you have intent of communication, and you potentially relinquish control to something you can't see, something you can't sense (if you can sense it, then why do you need the board?), and you have no idea whatsoever who (or what) you may be communication with. Whatever you're going to communicate with us using you and your partners energies to move, manipulate the planchette, the "spirit" isn't physically moving the thing by itself, and the planchette can not move on its own. So in effect you have relinquished, with tacit permission, control.

That's only the tip of the iceberg though, there's more. I have heard so many horror stories of people getting freaked out by whatever a Ouija board has "produced," the people then throw the board out only to have it turn back up in the house again. My own wife had that happen years before I knew her. I have also witnessed people undergo a change after having used one of these things, in one case a hard core Bible believing Baptist girl decided to use one, and within a years time was violating everything she previously believed in.
So in summary, when in doubt, don't, and don't ever give permission, tacit or overt, to anything or anyone to do with you what it will, because it can and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers