Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why do we do it?

Apparent Demon we caught at a cemetery.

Ghost hunts. Ghost investigations. There's a difference, which we'll save for another entry, but the question is, why do we do them?
I can't speak for other groups, nor can I speak for other members of our own group, http://claranormal.com/, but I can speak for myself.
Like most people who do as we do, I grew up experiencing paranormal activities of one kind or another, and like many of these people, my sincere desire is to bring comfort to others in the knowledge that we don't just fade to black when we our bodies expire. That it isn't like somebody flicked the light switch and you're in the dark, then nothing more, cancel Christmas. I, myself, have in person seen, heard and experienced enough in my life to know that isn't the case. We continue. The soul God placed in our body lives on.
If on the way we can also help a lost soul or two, living or after-living, great. That doesn't mean that we go into a haunted location and yell "Go to the light!" or any such other Hollywood nonsense. Many ghosts know they stayed behind, so you're not telling them anything new. "Oh! Is that what I'm supposed to do with the light? I was wondering! I've spent the last 50 years making ghost shadow puppets with it! Silly me!"
Some don't know though, whether it's denial, or the way that they passed, they are utterly unaware of that they've passed. The Queen Mary's engine room for example. We've had a revisit on our "To Do" list for a while now, so that our newer members can experience a truly haunted location, but also for my own sort of selfish reasons: to get more information from one ghost we caught on an EVP who stated his age, "Forty," and followed later with ..."I don't know what happened to me." We plan to ask him his name, what year he last remembers. From that and any other info he volunteers, we will research it and bring him answers.
Claranormal is a service, and a service should serve...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers